Monday 3 April 2017

Snapshots

Well hello there. I don’t really know how to begin a post after so long! It's quite difficult to summarise 6 months.......

Here are some snapshots of what we have been up to - lots of sunny days filled with laughing but I wanted to address a couple of comments I have received of late accusing me of airbrushing my life. It is true all my pictures are edited in that I choose the best shots and try to paint a positive picture because essentially I am an optimist and choose to look at the good rather than the bad. That said my life is just like everyone else - filled with the daily struggle to find the elixir of 'balance', constantly worrying that my kids are not getting enough attention as I juggle too many balls and are we allowed to mention the 'unmentionable' black cloud of money (or lack there of?) Life with 3 kids, a job and a household to run with no extra help leaves me so damn time poor. I know I shouldn’t complain because let's face it I am beyond lucky - a great husband, lovely home and 3 beautiful, creative, independent children. Yet truth be told our daily life aint easy. I am just trying my best to mix the cocktail right and praying to god I am not screwing up our kids in the process! What was it Philip Larkin said? They fuck you up your mum and dad.......

So yes, I guess the snapshots do paint a very rosy picture but isn't life way more fun that way? 
Space. SO much of it.

beauty

culmstock beacon

honey sandwiches for our Bear Hunt

bear hunting

kids theatre

meow

beauty

2 year old - how on earth did that happen?!

Hope

Hide and Seek

bowling stance

bros just chewing the fat

Christmas Day - looking like Shirley Temple!

greatest dad alive. fact.

daddy's girl

feeding the deer

magic.


giggler

STOP taking picture of me. Growl.

ATTENTION!

free range

wind swept

Longleat Festival of Light. 

brrrrrrrrr

amazing light

Spring. At LAST

jump!

rock climber

spider web

I said NO MORE PHOTOS!!

me and 3 of my favourite things - my cashmere hat Ems gave me for my 30th, my old school duffle coat and a Sunday pint of Thatchers. Happy.

these 2. Melt.

I know it sounds like I work for Longleat (I don't) but really if you haven't taken your kids there, do. It is magical. monkey roam over you car, lions saunter past you and tigers roar 10 metres away...... a kids HEAVEN.

hideout

nutkin

beautiful

look at the colours. West Country at it's best.

soldier, soldier

Somerset, you have my heart.

spikey

Spring!!!

love a rope swing

cubs

roar

when you come across wild horses on your walk

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you back and must say you came back with a bang, look at these snapshots, amazing clicks. I wish I can take pictures as good as you did, thanks for sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blog..that's my goodness to see your blog..keep going on..visit for best health info at Waterloo ChiropractorWaterloo Massage and Self Treatment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved going through this article. The pictures are so good. I would love seeing more pictures. You have captured moments very well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete